It's holiday time! Although my family celebrates Christmas, I especially love New Year's as a holiday. It seems more honest, somehow, the way the Russians do it: Christmas is a Christian holiday where people go to church all night and light candles and celebrate the birth of Christ. Novy God (rhymes with "drove he road") is a pagan-y celebration where people decorate fir trees and welcome winter (and Grandfather Frost, who gets pissed when people complain about the cold, bitches) and give presents and stuff. So there's your international culture public service announcements.
But! No matter what holiday you celebrate, it's the gift-givin time 'o year! So, you likely know the drill. I'm posting a list of stuff I'd love to receive for Новый Год, and you post what you'd like to receive for your winter holiday of choice. If you see something on someone's list that you feel capable of providing and are moved to do so, huzzah! If not, there are no rules, no pressure, and no fuss/muss. So link me to your lists, and let the holiday cheer spread! (hic!)
Note: if you would like to send me something in the real-world mail, but don't have my address, PM me, and I will provide. Or, if you're being stealthy, you could ask jaune_chat
. I bet she would tell you if you ask nicely. Things what I would love:
* Writing notebooks. I write on the train during my commute, so I love to have something that fits in my purse to whip out when I have ideas.
* Sherlock icons, or recommendations for where to find them
* Fic recommendations for dark, angsty fic. I'm currently reading Heroes, Star Trek, Supernatural, and Sherlock, with trace amounts of Inception, Lost, and True Blood.
* Music or recommendations for music (or an iTunes gift card). I love hearing new things. To give you an example of my taste, I love everything from Broadway musicals and movie scores to acoustic folk to glam-pop. Today I'm listening to Josh Ritter, The Extra Lens, Unicorn Dream Attack, and Trent Rezonr's score from The Social Network.
* Cute knitted wrist warmers/gauntlets/whatever the kids are calling them these days
* Podfic! I love hearing a reader's interpretation of my stories. You hereby have my permission to podfic any story of mine that you want.
* Art! Want to draw me something? A picture of a character, or a scene in a fic? Or send me a pretty photograph you took of the woods? Bring it on.
* A banner or icons for Proving Ground
. Or really, any Trek mirror!verse icons
* Fic! I love reading fic (er... obviously)! I left a bunch 'o prompts over at fandom_stocking
, (in several fandoms, even
, so you should check those out and see if any catch your fancy.
* To love you, baby. So throw a link to your own wishlist my way, or link me to your fandom_stocking
Also, let it be said that I'm not expecting anything in time for Christmas, or even New Year's. My birthday is in January, so I consider the entire first month of the year a gifting amnesty period, for me and you both. Let the mayhem begin! Er... continue!